I had used Google docs a few times before using it for our group project, but I have started using a lot more since them. I refuse to spend over one hundred dollars on Microsoft Office and so have resorted to various other free/open source programs. I have been using Open Office for a few years and like it a lot. However, it is sometimes frustrating to keep emailing myself documents or loading and unloading them from my flash drive. I have been using Google docs to take notes in some of my classes and to write drafts of papers. All of my information is saved in one place and I don't have to worry about remembering to save it. It also means that I don't have to worry about tons of documents piling up in my folders and taking up space on my computer. I also had a great experience using it for our group project. It was so easy to edit the information and we didn't have to worry about sending each other successive versions of the document. I know that tons of people are already using Google docs and similar things like Zoho writer, but I hope that more start to realize that it is so much easier and cheaper to use than Microsoft Office.
I really like to keep my documents in one online place and know that I can access them from anywhere when I get online. Glad you are having a good experience with Google Docs!
ReplyDelete